converse it

A forums community that covers it all. Discuss in our wide range of categories. Play games, IM chat w/ friends, customize your profile and post updates to your wall. Stay connected.

No special offers at this time.
Welcome to converse it Guest. Please enjoy your stay.
Need help using our site? Click here!
Are you new here? Don't forget to introduce yourself don't be shy. You can introduce yourself by creating a new topic in the introduce yourself section of our forums
Bored? Visit our Arcade. We got tons of games that you can play while chatting with your friends.
Do you like converse it? Tell your friends! For every friend your bring you get 50 Ci Tokens.
Have an instagram? want to share your pictures with converseit Put #converseit in your tag and it will be added to the portal page.
Learn more about your personal wall here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Share this topic!

URL Direct
BBcode
HTML" />
My View on "Texting and Driving"

My View on "Texting and Driving"

• View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 My View on "Texting and Driving" on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:22 am

Texting and driving

Texting and driving is a growing and serious issue in today's society. People in today's society are keeping connected while on their phone's and while this is good it can also be bad as well. Some people may feel like they need to respond immediately to a text message that they get and it might not even be that important. People are in such a hurry now a days that they don't have time to waste. They need to respond immediately but this can impact their lives more then they think.

How does this affect others?

When texting and driving it decreases your reaction time to a situation by 5 seconds. In those 5 seconds someone could slam their brakes on or cut in front of you or someone may even be crossing the road. You would not see any of this in time to stop for these incidents. If you had those 5 seconds available you probably would have had time to avoid the incidents. 

In a 2011 study, 23% of all accidents are caused by cell phones, That is equivalent to 1,300,000 car crashes. Also approximately 10% of teens who text and drive drive outside of their lane. 

How do people focus on what they are doing if they are buried in their phones? The answer is they don't. Their brain doesn't have time to react to things that happen while they drive and I see and hear about accidents all the time where someone was texting and driving and wasn't paying attention to the road so they crashed.

Leave comments below!

View user profile http://www.converseit.net

2 Re: My View on "Texting and Driving" on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:57 pm

Ozzyd94

Banned
    Banned
    couldn't agree more, it's been proven texting and driving is worse than buzzed driving

3 Re: My View on "Texting and Driving" on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:42 pm

@ozzyd94 Yes, Texting and driving is actually 23X's worse then drinking and driving. Statistics show that it takes a minimal of 5 seconds to read a text and if you are traveling at 55mph that's a whole football field or more without looking at the road. 77% of you think that it is safe to text and drive and are unaware of how dangerous this can actually be towards you and others as well. At the moment for school I am writing a 10 page research paper on how texting and driving can affect you. Ozzy if you ever do this I will kill you! sniper 

Sources:

http://www.textinganddrivingsafety.com/texting-and-driving-stats/

http://stoptextsstopwrecks.org/#home

View user profile http://www.converseit.net

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

New topics

Permissions in this forum:
        You cannot reply to topics in this forum

^ Back to Top